12-Step Recovery Retreats
Retreat Dates (click date to register)*
|AA Women||AA Men|
|February 8 – 10, 2019||February 1 – 3, 2019|
|September 6 – 8, 2019||April 12 – 14, 2019|
|September 20 – 22, 2019|
|Gamblers Anonymous for Men & Women||OA – HOW for Men & Women|
|December 7 – 9, 2018||August 16 – 18, 2019|
|SLAA for Men||Al-Anon Women|
|August 23 – 25, 2019||September 13 – 15, 2019|
*Retreatants must have 90 days in recovery.
- We are unable to grant Financial Assistance for future retreats for ‘no-show retreatants.
- The retreat begins on Friday evening and runs through lunch on Sunday. Full participation by everyone in attendance provides the best retreat experience for you and your fellow retreatants.
- You may arrive any time after 4:00 p.m. on Friday; the buffet supper is served from 6:00 to 7:00 p.m.
- The retreat formally opens at 7:30 p.m. with the orientation and presentation on Steps 1, 2, & 3. If you must arrive later, please let us know in advance. All retreatants must arrive by 10:00 p.m. Friday night.
- The retreat will conclude by 1:00 p.m. Sunday, after lunch.
- Dress is casual.
- Towels and linens are provided. Bring your own reading and writing material, especially if you want to work on a 4th or 5th Step.
- During the retreat, we ask that you stay on our property, and not invite anyone to visit you— this is in order to preserve everyone’s anonymity.
- We ask that you stay for the entire retreat and not leave early unless critically necessary, as other retreatants need to share your “experience, strength, and hope” – in all the Steps!
- Smoking is allowed only outdoors in the north parking lot and under the gazebo.
- If you have any special personal or dietary needs, please let us know in advance of your arrival.
The weekend fee is $230 per person ($210 for Seniors), with a limited Financial Aid Program for those needing and requesting financial help. Reservations can be made online or with our Registration Form via US Post, fax, or in person. Sorry, “walk-ins” are not allowed.
Step Study Weekends for those working 12-Step Programs begin Friday evenings with steps 1,2, and 3 and conclude with step 12 on Sunday mornings. Experience has shown that full participation in the retreat from beginning to end maximizes the benefits of the retreat for everyone in attendance, so we ask that everyone commit to full participation. If your schedule does not permit you to fully participate in any particular retreat, please plan to attend another.
- The Retreat Staff knows the meaning and purpose of the Steps, reverences the principle of anonymity, and encourages the personal search for “a God of my understanding.”
- The Retreat Center is committed to the 12 Steps as a guideline for recovery, providing regular meeting space along with 12-Step Study Weekends. To accommodate the many who desire to come on 12-Step Study Weekends, we ask that you limit your attendance to a maximum of two (2) weekends each year (more if you are willing to be on a waiting list). Participants “give” the weekend by their personal sharing. Staff members offer additional insight, and are available for personal consultation and 5th Step work.
- The Retreat Center mailing lists are a vehicle for announcing upcoming programs of interest, and respect the principles of confidentiality and anonymity. Call the office at (713) 464-0211 to place your name on a specific list.
If you must cancel your reservation: Please contact the retreat center office (713) 464-0211 as soon as possible. Substitutions are not allowed. This is important, so that someone on a waiting list is able to join the retreat. If you are a ‘No-Show’, someone else misses the retreat!
Please note our policy on refunds/cancellations/retreat transfers.
- $50.00 deposit is nonrefundable (included in the retreat cost)
- Refund, minus $50.00 deposit, and retreat transfer are available up to 1:00 p.m. on the Friday, the week prior to the retreat.